17 October 2001

I've put a new item up on my website that I've entitled "A Brief Catechesis on Covenant and Baptism."

It's a series of questions concerning the relationship between what I take to be the biblical doctrine of the covenant and the place of baptism as the rite of initiation into that covenant. The questions, as I was given them originally, came from someone else and, though I've revised all of them, they don't necessarily represent exactly how I would want to frame all the issues, had I been the original questioner. I'd also prefer, at some point, to add parenthentical Scripture references.

Still, I thought the questions and answers might be helpful or thought-provoking for some people--and so I've put them up on the web. I'd also be interested in any feedback that could help me better to express my thinking.