24 June 2002

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled theological discussion for a moment of personal revelation.

(I stole the following from Rick and Jon W. and thought it might be vaguely interesting for those of you who enjoy the more "personal" kind of blog.)

Birthplace: Abington, PA (a Philly suburb; we moved into the city shortly thereafter).

Age: 32 (almost 33).

Birthday: Early September (since my paranoid friends tell me we're not supposed to reveal our birthdates on-line).

Hair Color: Brown, with reddish highlights.

How long/thick is your hair: Short, thinning a wee bit in back.

Eye Color: Blue.

Height: 5'10".

Weight: 140 lbs or thereabouts.

Personality: On the Myers-Brigg I'm an ENTJ (I know that's a weird combination, the NT combination in particular). I'm E, but borderline I. It depends on whether I'm in the classroom (where I'm very E) or the rest of life (where I'm much more I).

Do you drink? Of course. Without liquid you die.

Have you had your appendix or tonsils out? Neither.

Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Nope. I'm way too self-conscious.

Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Speeding and reckless driving.

'Dream' dream car: Cooper Mini.

Favorite place to visit: Used bookstores around the world.

Favorite soft drink: I don't drink soda, but when I do I prefer Birch Beer.

Adidas, Nike, or Reebok: Actually Airwalks, Vans, or Skechers.

Favorite Blog: Presbytermark and JH3K.

Favorite subject in school: English literature in high school; philosophy in college.

Least favorite subject in school: Math.

Favorite movie: Comedy: Much Ado About Nothing. Drama: Billy Elliott Sci-fi: Bladerunner. Kids: Larry-Boy and the Fib from Outer Space. Musical: Moulin Rogue. See, I have no taste in film. And if you asked me again tomorrow, I'd give you a complete different list.

Favorite book: Georges Bernanos, Diary of a Country Priest.

Favorite alcohol: Beer: Dundee's Honey Brown Lager. Wine: Thomas Fogarty Gewürtztraminer. Liquor: Bombay Sapphire Gin. Hard cider: Woodchuck Dark and Dry.

Favorite sport to watch: Probably soccer among normal competitive teams sports. Otherwise, gymnastics and various extreme sports (especially moto x and snowboard half-pipe).

Favorite sport to play: Soccer.

Anything different about you: You have to ask?

Tattoos/Piercings: Nope, though I've considered getting an ear or eyebrow done seriously on several occasions. It's not going to happen.

Quotes: "In every act of thought and will, God is also thought and willed implicitly." -- St. Thomas Aquinas

Favorite ice cream: I don't really care for ice cream that much. I had a ginger sorbet at a Thai restaurant once that was really good.

Favorite color: Green, particularly sage or olive.

What's your bedtime: Usually around 11pm or otherwise I turn into a pumpkin.

Favorite TV Show: I don't watch much TV and nothing regularly. I've enjoyed what I've seen of Scrubs.

Words or phrases that you overuse: "Definitely." "Cool."

Something that can be improved upon: What can't be? I guess I've have to say my use of time.

What you want to be: Resurrected unto life.

The one place you would like to see: Italy.

Famous person you have met: Chaim Potok, Ed Rendell, Frank Rizzo, Bill and Hilary Clinton, Oliver North, Bill Cosby, Madeline L'Engle, C. Everett Koop, J.I. Packer, Martin McGuinness (a Sinn Féin leader), Jacques Derrida.

Favorite animal: My dog Nicky (short for "Dominicanus") with Keats our cat in a close second.

Are you too shy to ask someone out: I would never have asked my wife out if my mother hadn't said, "Say, that Laurel Webster is a nice girl. Why don't you ask her?" I was trying to figure out who might want to go see a gymnastics exhibition.

Have you ever thought you were going to die: All the time.

Do you believe you have a soul mate: Oh, please. Wake up and live in the real world.

Have you ever felt you were in love: Yes.

Do you pray: Yes, but not as much as I should.

Do you attend church: Yes.

Single or attached: Married, so fairly permanently attached.

1. What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day? Get up. Pee. Let the dog go to the backyard so he can pee too. Get the coffee going. Pack Laurel's lunch (usually a sandwich, fresh fruit, a veggie, some crackers or pretzels, and a sweet). Set out the breakfast dishes and pour some juice. Eat breakfast with Laurel. See her off to work. Shower.

2. What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed? It depends. Usually I let the dog go out for a final pee. Get ready for bed. Water-pic teeth. Often I read aloud to Laurel while she cross-stitches in bed--mostly a novel for an upcoming bookclub meeting. Sometimes I check e-mail or do some last minute prep for the next morning's class.

3. What daily routine have you recently added to your day? I've been biking the days I don't jog.

4. What routine do you wish you could get rid of? Actually, I'm fairly content with my routine.

5. What's the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don't do it some point within your day? Sadly, checking my e-mail.