28 May 2003

dooyeweerd

For Gideon Strauss or any others out there who may know, a hopefully simple question: With regard to Herman Dooyeweerd's notion of "soevereiniteit in eigen kring" ("sphere sovereignty"), does he see the internal structure, functioning, and typology of each sphere as analogically (and/or perspectivally) related to all the others?

It's been a while since I've read Dooyeweerd in any great depth. Honestly, I kept finding the costs of studying his writings to significantly outweigh what I took as the rather slim benefits: helpful insights, most of which could be readily found elsewhere, buried within a great mound of post-kantian apparatus and highly questionable historiography. Then again, mabye Dooyeweerd is just temperamentally too alien for me.

In any case, I'm curious how Dooyeweerd might answer my question.