23 August 2005

aar/sbl 2005 annual meeting

As some folks are likely aware, the Annual Meeting of the AAR/SBL (American Academy of Religion / Society of Biblical Literature) will be held in Philadelphia this year, November 19-22. I'm not sure whether or not I'll attend, since it's difficult to justify the expense ($125 + membership renewal), which would wipe out a large chunk of my departmental conference cash. There's also the ETS Annual Meeting in Valley Forge on November 16-18, 2005.

Nevertheless, since Philly is home, I will be around and would love to get together with folks for fellowship and conversation over breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, or whatever works. Saturday and Sunday are particularly flexible, though weekday afternoons/evenings are open too. If you're new to Philly, I'd be happy to show you around a bit or point you to some good restaurants or attractions.

Leave a comment or email me.