22 November 2005

facebook.com

The other day I was trying to get in contact with a student. I know that some of them seldom check their La Salle email accounts (though they are supposed to) and that many of them are regularly logged into AIM. But how might one find an alternative email address or their AIM name?

One of my honors students suggested that I try setting up a facebook.com profile and search for the student's information on there. I'd heard of facebook, but had never taken a close look at it before. Nevertheless, I quickly set up my own facebook profile and was able to find the information I was looking for. Pretty cool.

If you're a college student elsewhere (or a faculty member or recent alumnus) feel free to add me to your circle of friends (or not...your choice, of course).