18 January 2006

four things...

Alastair (at my prompting) has tagged me for the following:

Four Jobs I Have Had:

Philosophy professor
Substitute elementary art teacher
Waiter at a retirement home
Social studies teacher at a juvenile facility

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:

There are some movies I love and appreciate but wouldn't really want to watch over and over since they are too demanding emotionally or in terms of length. So, instead of those, I'd pick:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Lion King
Blade Runner

Four Books I Could Read Over and Over:

Hmm. There are many books I go back to again and again, reading particular sections, but ones I could read over and over in their entirety is trickier. I'll say:

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
George Bernanos, Diary of a Country Priest
Flannery O'Connor, Complete Stories
God, The Holy Scriptures

Four Places I Have Lived:

East Mt. Airy, Philadelphia, PA
West Germantown, Philadelphia, PA
Wissahickon, Philadelphia, PA
Syracuse, NY

Four TV Shows I Watch:

I very seldom watch TV, especially in recent months, but when I do I watch:

Firefly (on DVD)
Gilmore Girls
Antiques Roadshow
some Saturday "how to" show on PBS

Four Places I Have Been On Vacation:

Most recently:

Washington, DC
Baltimore, MD
Elysburg, PA (Knoebel's Grove)
Kentucky and Tennesee

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

Other than for email and my own (for the blog roll):

yahoo.com (News)
imdb.com (Internet Movie Database)
google.com (Search engine)
missionstclare.com (Daily Office)

Four Favorite Foods:

Golly, I love food, so this is tricky. Is good single malt scotch a food? In any event, foods I can't imagine doing without include:

Pennsylvania-made pretzels (Utz ultra-thin)
Good quality port (usually what's on sale)
Cheeses of all kinds (especially smoked gouda, brie, and cotswold)
Summer melons

Four Places I’d Like To Be Right Now:

I'm assuming this doesn't involve being drawn and quartered, so we're not talking four places at the same time. In that case:

The Continental cocktail lounge, Old City, Philadelphia
The Bodelian Library, Oxford, UK
The Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Canada
A Tuscan villa in Italy

Four Bloggers I'm Tagging:

Laurel Garver
Mike Vendsel
Mark Traphagen
Rob Hatch