29 April 2006

this and that

this and that

Last day of classes was yesterday. I'm pretty much caught up on grading though will begin to have final essays trickle in and, by Wednesday, a stack of over 100. I celebrated the brief respite last night with a couple of cocktails and watching the last several episodes of Brideshead Revisited with Laurel. In the end, the story is one of God's compassion for sinners - no matter how stupid, sad, resistant, or simply shallow - and his mission to seek them in his grace. It's a story about conversion, where Christian faith is not the least glamorized.

Today is PCRT and I have to leave shortly to help with morning registration. I believe Phil Ryken and Sinclair Ferguson are speaking in the AM, though I don't know what I'll catch of that. Lunch will be with my dad who is attending the conference. Tonight's the end-of-year departmental party, always a fun event, though I'll need to remember to bring salad. Tomorrow's church, of course, though in the afternoon there is a planning and prayer meeting for the church plant.

Will blog again, perhaps, on Monday.