08 July 2007

harry potter marathon

It less than two weeks until the release of seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series. So, in the meantime, I've undertaken the task of re-reading the first six volumes in preparation.

I hadn't really gone back and re-read the books, but it is a lot of fun to do so. All sorts of details that were insignificant or easy to overlook are now taking on greater weight and interest with hindsight looking from the end of the sixth volume. I can't say that I really have much idea at all what's in store in the final book, but I'm near bursting with anticipation.

Between a house guest, travel, July 4th festivities, various events and functions, I've been away from blogging. And Harry Potter is taking up some additional time as well. I still hope to blog something about the Karl Barth conference, but it may have to wait.

Hope you all are staying cool.