24 January 2008

rumors of this blog's death...

...have been greatly exaggerated. Sorry for the month-long delay in posting anything new.

After Christmas we had a variety of house guests and dinner parties, followed by an ongoing search for a school for Claire for next fall (at least five open houses and counting at this point) and by class preparation for the courses I'm teaching, including designing a new course from scratch. And that was followed by the beginning of term.

In the midst of all of this Laurel's suffered with a variety of respiratory viruses for nearly a month at the same time she was trying to finish up the draft of her novel. And then I was down for the count this past week with a nasty respiratory bug that rendered me speechless for several bed-ridden days.

But I think the semester is coming together now and my schedule should allow for occasional blogging breaks. So, see you here.